Jacob's Blog Buttons (custom HTML)

portfolio
animation
character
digital art

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nassa the Gnome Animation and Mocap

We had an assignment to take some mocap data, and make 5 animations from it.  I decided to make it into a personal project, by running and directing my own mocap shoot to get exactly the shots I wanted.  And then, I proceeded to make thirty-some animations from that.  I modeled and rigged the character myself, and designed her to be in the style of a low-poly mobile game or a third person action game.

The attacks and attitude were based off of my DnD character (a naive dagger-wielding sorceress.)

I recently rendered them out, and I've included some of my favorites from that collection in the video below.  They are a mix of mocap cleanup and liberal keyframing.

No comments:

Post a Comment